Friday, November 12, 2010

"Harry Potter" actress Emma Watson said that for years she had no idea how much money she was earning from her role as Hermione Granger in the hit movies, and that she actually felt sick when she finally realized.
Emma who is now 20, said that she had a conversation with her father about the amount of money she was earning, when she was 17 or 18. "By the third or fourth film, the money was starting to get ... serious. I had no idea. I felt sick, very emotional. It was a real shock," the actress told Vogue in the interview.
Up to that time she had been receiving an allowance of 50 pounds a week. She wisely took a money management course and she now has a fortune of about 20 million pounds.
Emma is currently a student at Brown university in the US. She is on the front cover of British Vogue with a new pixie-style short haircut. Which personally I think is adorable.
She said she cut her hair after she finished shooting the final two movies. She said,"For the nine years I was on 'Harry Potter' I was contractually obliged not to cut my hair, not to tan," she said. "All the normal things girls do, I couldn't. So when I got the chance to change my appearance, this is what I did."
The seventh film, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" opened in Britain yesterday, and then the United States and around the world on November 19. The last movie in the series will be released in July 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment